Wednesday, April 14, 2010

21 MONDAY MORNING POETS







This weekend I had some ribs and hot dogs

Saturday night my Grandma Ruth had a cookout
There were my four cousins and I
Ana, Tony, Daniella and Yesima

Today, my throat hurts a lot
My throat is frying hot
I should not cry even if my throat hurts so much
This poem is the smallest ever
Because my throat hurts so much

This weekend I did tricks on my scooter
I did a tail whip, an ollie, and grinds
None of them are easy
I call them scooter magic
Sometime I do tricks and I don’t know how I did it
When I was doing a grind I jumped and did a tail whip
Being on my scooter is special
and amazing
sometimes my friends get other friends and they watch me
do my scooter magic
sometimes they bring their skateboards and bikes
and we rock /the sidewalk /together

Last night I dreamed of hamburgers
They were rounding my bed. They were under my pillow
They were pulling my legs and eating my dreams

My name is Chris
C is for caring
H is for loving hearts
R is for the rhythm that floats through the air
I is for ins and outs
S is for sounding songs
My name is Chris and every poem I write has a feeling of peace

Right now my mind is blank
Like a blank page on Monday
I cannot think of any words to get this Monday poem going
My mouth is tired as tired as my pencil
(see! my pencil just broke!)
so I will finish this poem tomorrow

Sometimes I feel like I want to steal the wind and turn the sky into green
Sometimes things are not
Just the way they look

I went to Cub foods on Sunday
My mom told me to look for a watermelon
So I went to look for a watermelon
I don’t need a grocery list

How to write a Monday poem?
Write about rice and eggs

Write about the fat bat that ate too much fat cat
Write about hot wings and egg rolls

Think of things you did in your backyard
Think of things you did around the house
Think of things you did with your family

Saturday I went grocery shopping and did the laundry
Then I went to target. Later on, we ate at a buffet:
My mother, my father, my brother Victor and I.

Remember what you eat when you spend time with your family
I ate hot waffles with syrup and eggs
It was a good breakfast.

Saturday I celebrated my cousin’s birthday. I had some cake
Sunday I went to my dad’s house and I hang out with other cousins.
We did a three-hour walk. We wrestle each other. I pinned one of my cousins down
He cried.

Last night I saw Mary
She looked kind of scary
I asked her “where are you going?”
She said “Downstairs”
So I went downstairs and found out it was just my mom
Without her make-up

Dog on a park/sitting on a log/playing with the fog
The dog said “Do you want to eat my log or lick my doll?”

I just got back from Wisconsin

I saw Superman driving a minivan
He said “Hasta la vista baby!”

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this poem. This poem has many voices and stories that come from kids' imagination. I suggest that you all keep writing poems, in English and in Spanish. Your creativity matters. Use it. My favorite verse is the one written in Spanish:"hasta la vista baby!"Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete