Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A CONVERSATION WITH JAKYHAR AND CORNELIUS: After the MCA Math Test















“We had our math test
Tuesday and Wednesday
Overall, it was very easy
We had questions about numbers
There were questions I had to think about the answers
Others, I figured out the answers right away
I didn’t use the calculator for most questions
Questions that were challenging were the ones I had to write out the answer,
step by step.  Sometimes I showed my answer with a sketch
I’m not sure if I got these questions right.”

“After the test, I played pick-up sticks with Jakyahr
She kept winning but it didn’t really bother me. It was just for fun
After pick-up sticks, I played by myself with the Jenga blocks
I built a fancy home,
one block at a time."

“I enjoyed the pretzel on Tuesday and the animal crackers on Wednesday
My favorite was the elephant and the bubble gum
Chewing gum keeps me awake.”

“When you chew gum, it moves both sides of your brain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment